NSA Barrow system access and management
The systems management for the Barrow-based IT infrastructure and components is owned by the ARM Site Data Systems team. All PCs -- be it instrument computers or office desktop machines -- are running a version of the ARM Core PC Windows distribution, either Windows XP or Windows 7. For remote access, we use the RAdmin software the server component of which is part of ARM Core PC and the client component (RAdmin viewer) can be downloaded without charge. Remote access requires a Site Access Request, which must be current.
For internal use of the NSA Operations team, we maintain the following files and folders and host them securely at UAF.
- ARM_files is the name of a shared Dropbox folder that is used to securely store and share sensitive key information that needs to be kept up to date.
- ARM_NSA_OPS.kdb is an encrypted Keepass (v.1) password safe that contains the actual shared passwords. The master password is kept on a different system separately and will not be sent in email.
- ARM_weekly and ARM_weekly_OLI within the ARM_admin folder contains the master files and script(s) for generating weekly reports.
- ACRF-NSA-Ops within the ARM_admin folder contains the agenda and notes for the Thursday North Slope Operations calls.
- OpsNotes within the ARM_files folder contains:
- An Excel sheet named IP_Allocation_[datestamp].xlsx with the NSA IP addresses
- A RAdmin Phonebook file RAdmin_[origin]_[datestamp].rpb exported from our RAdmin clients to import in your copy of RAdmin Viewer. Passwords are stored in the password safe (see above).
Please contact the UAF NSA Support Team with any questions or for access to the above files.